Formulatrix USA upgrades micro automated dispensing*
Mantis Microplate Dispenser
Microfluidic Liquid Handler
The core technology of Mantis® is a microfluidic chip with a set of micro valves and micro septa that work in concert to dispense a range of different volumes (0.1μL to 2ml).
- Efficient: miniaturizes reactions, expands throughput, saves reagents and eliminates pipette tip costs
- Reproducible: dispensing volumes down to 100 nL at CV < 3%
- Versatile: Easy dispensing and standardization of reagents and cell culture assays
Mantis is a microfluidic chip-based nano-scalable micropipetting, low dead volume, non-contact automated dispensing device; it can stably dispense a variety of liquids, including some highly viscous liquids such as cells, proteins, enzymes, primers, substrates and even liquid microbeads.
- High cleanliness
Dispensing lines can be cleaned for repeated or disposable use to avoid cross-contamination.
- Low dead space volume
The Mantis can reduce the dead volume to 6 µl.
- Good flexibility
Using the included holder, 6 / 24 different liquids can be dispensed, with automatic switching between different liquids, supporting standard 24-well, 96, 384, 1536-well plates, and customer-created non-standard well plates.
- Safe and reliable
Non-contact micro septum technology with active drainage method pipetting eliminates the risk of clogging.
- High chemical reagent compatibility
In addition to ordinary silicone chips, perfluoroelastomer chips can be used to dispense most chemical reagents that are highly corrosive.
2、Microfluidic chip features
- Mantis microfluidic chips are held in the carrier by magnets, making the chips very easy to pick up and place.
- Reasonable prices for complete sets of piping and chips.
- Can be used once and washed repeatedly.
- Carriers with chips can be changed manually or automatically.
- Mantis provides powerful software with an intuitive and easy-to-use interface. The reagents and volumes to be dispensed are displayed using visual microtiter plate positions. Automatic calculation functions such as gradient dispensing and backfill dispensing can be implemented. The dispensing design can be imported from a TXT format file, or the dispensing content can be designed and imported directly using Excel.